December 23, 2009

He Came


A very blessed Christmas to everyone. These are some photos of the Nativity decorations we saw this year, which were very few. The real reason for Christmas, the coming of the Savior, brings great joy to us. He came. God became man to save us.






When I look at all the blessings the Savior has given me, all the joys, all the comforts He brings, my heart rejoices. He came. Then I remember all my feeble efforts at fighting sin, how easily hurtful words slide off my tongue, how easily vengeful thoughts fill my heart, and I know that He came to save me from the consequences of all these sins. And again my heart rejoices. He came. He came. What a privilege to know His name, to serve Him, to tell others about His love and grace.





But, sometimes, even knowing of His love and having received so much of His grace, I let too many peripherals get into the way of serving Him and telling others about His love. Just as Santa tries to take the glory away from Jesus, too many worldly things occupy my day and I don't have enough "time" to tell others, to serve Him and to praise His name. People see all the worldly things that occupy my time, but may not hear me speak of His great love. He came.

He came to save me. The center, the focus, is Jesus, the Savior. He came to be my Redeemer. He came to be my Light. Even after seeing all my sins, my weaknesses, my lack of love -- He came. What greater gift could I ever receive? He came to be my Friend. He came to be my Savior. He came!

No comments:

Post a Comment